The Vienna Convention for the protection of the Ozone Layer and its Montreal Protocol on substances that deplete the Ozone Layer
The Vienna Convention for the Protection of the Ozone Layer and its Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer are dedicated to the protection of the earths ozone layer. With 197 parties, they are the most widely ratified treaties in United Nations history, and have, to date, enabled reductions of over 97% of all global consumption of controlled ozone depleting substances (measured in ODP tonnes).
The Ozone Secretariat is the Secretariat for the Vienna Convention and for the Montreal Protocol. Based at the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) headquarters in Nairobi (Kenya), the Secretariat functions in accordance with Article 7 of the Vienna Convention and Article 12 of the Montreal Protocol.... More on the Secretariat
- Dates and Venues of Montreal Protocol Meetings in 2013
- TEAP/Technical Options Committees Meetings- Dates and Venues for 2013
- UNEP/DTIE OzonAction Programme - Schedule of Events
- Executive Committee Meetings:
- The 69th meeting of the Executive Committee will be held in Montreal from 15 to 19 April 2022